REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, the Union City Parking Authority requests proposals for the services set forth below in accordance with the "fair and open process" pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.5, et seq.
Pursuant to NJSA 40: l lA-6.1, the Union City Parking Authority is in need of a registered municipal accountant or certified public accountant of New Jersey to conduct an annual audit of the accounts of the Authority for the year 2018 and to perform general municipal auditing services.
Request for Proposals ("RFP") responses shall be submitted to Erin Knoedler, Qualified Purchasing Agent of the Union City Parking Authority, 506-518 38th St., Top of the Parking Deck, Union City, NJ, 07087, on or before Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 2:00 p.m., at which time said responses will be publicly opened and read.
Responses (one (1) original, five (5) bounded copies and one (1) unbound copy) must be enclosed in a sealed envelope. The service provider must indicate the following on the outside of the envelope: (1) the name and address of the service provider; (2) "RFP - Auditor" the service for which the response is submitted; and (3) "Sealed RFP Response". Responses may be delivered by hand, overnight courier or mail. The envelope containing the response must be received by the Parking Authority by the date and time set forth above. No late responses will be accepted.
Prospective proposers will provide a quote for services requested. Proposers awarded a contract by the Union City Parking Authority may not charge for travel to the Parking Authority offices.
Responses will be evaluated by the Union City Parking Authority on the basis of the following factors:
1. The experience and reputation in the field.
2. Knowledge of Parking Authorities, and of the subject matter to be addressed under the contract.
3. Availability to attend meetings of the Union City Parking Authority and other matters as required.
4. Availability of personnel and other resources to provide such services.
5. Other factors if demonstrated to be in the best interests of the Union City Parking Authority.
Contract will be awarded based on the most advantageous responses and is for a one (1) year term. The Union City Parking Authority reserves the right to reject any or all responses.
Please include a copy of your NJ Business Registration Certificate and documentation of required Affirmative Action. Required affirmative action documentation includes one of the following:
1) A letter from the U.S. Depattment of Labor that the contractor has an existing federally approved or sanctioned Affirmative Action Program.
2) A Certificate of Employee Information Report Approval.
3) An Affirmative Action Employee Information Report (Form AA302).
Erin Knoedler, QPA
Union City Parking Authority
Issue Date: 02/06/2018
Issue Time: 2:40 PM
Submission Date: 02/20/2018
Submission Time: 2:00 PM